Pops-G Kickin' Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 12 oz. Pops-G Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Grilled sliced pineapples to garnish
In a small saucepan, combine Pops G spicy bbq sauce, pineapple juice, orange juice, ginger, garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring over med-high heat. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and ground black pepper
- Prepare one side of your grill for high, direct heat. If you are using charcoal, or wood, make sure there is a cool side for indirect heat cooking. Heat your grill or bbq pit to moderate to high heat - 325 to 350 degrees.
- Lay chicken pieces skin-side down on the hottest side of grill in order to sear the skin side well (but do not burn), grill uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side depending on how hot the grill is.
- Once you have a beautiful sear on the chicken, move the chicken to indirect heat, and continue to cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Keep chicken covered and undisturbed on low to moderate heat - 300 to 325 degrees.
- Coat both sides of the chicken pieces with Pops G Kickin' Hawaiian BBQ sauce, then cover the grill and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes. (Do not be afraid to sauce the chicken).
- Cook the chicken pieces until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Garnish with pineapple slices
- Serve and enjoy!