Pops G Spicy Asian Spare Ribs
- 10 oz. Pops G Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/8 tsp. Chinese five spice
In a saucepan combine Pops G Original BBQ Sauce, Asian chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, fresh minced garlic, fresh minced ginger, orange juice, and Chinese five spice. Bring to a boil, once it reaches a boil lower temperature, and allow sauce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean and trim ribs.
- Remove membrane off back of ribs.
- Lightly coat ribs with olive oil.
- Coat ribs with Pops G Pork Rub and let ribs marinate for at least 4 to 6 hours - 24 hours for best results.
- Smoke at 250 to 275 degrees for 2 hours. Mop or spritz every 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from smoker. Wrap in a double layer of foil and place ribs back in smoker for roughly 70 to 80 minutes. Ribs should have an internal temperature around 180 degrees.
- With the smoker still at 250, unwrap ribs and place meat side up. Apply sauce to the ribs every 10 minutes for the next 30 minutes.
- Pull ribs off the smoker and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!